^^ made with Canva^^
“Water only ever tasted good on certain occasions.” – life of som
Drinking water has always been hard for me. I would rather drink juice than water but, I know drinking water is so good for your general health . A goal of mine this year was to drink more water and I have achieved that with all of things that I have mentioned below.
- Exercise- when exercising you sweat which cause you to lose water. This makes you thirsty and bottle of water will sound way more appealing to you then it ever has. I can’t tell you how much I love water when i’m running. Sometime I feel Like i’m dying and water is the only thing that can bring we back to life. It taste so good when you feel like you are dying, I promise. So work out and work hard.
- Flavor- Adding fruits can make your drink of water a little more tasty. I would suggest getting a water bottle with a diffuser. I sometime add blueberries to my water and it taste bomb.
- Water bottle- Getting a water bottle specifically for drinking water. I don’t know about you guys but drinking water out of a glass, or mug is just not the most appetizing way to drink water. I like juice and hot chocolate in a glass or mug. Besides a water bottle allows you to see how much water you are drinking. What I like to do is fill the water bottle up and drink it throughout the day with the goal of finishing it by the end of the night. If you are not looking to buy an expensive water bottle, try family dollar. They have water bottles priced $2-$8, so overall inexpensive.
- Buy water only- I live by this If you don’t buy it then you won’t eat or drink it. This require some will power but it’s doable. When you go food shopping only buy water, not juice, soda, or any other beverage. Coconut water and flavored water can be an exception, I guess.
- Get an app that can track water- I have used Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal which helps to track water intake as well as what you eat. It’s overall a good app for eating healthy and reaching fitness goals..
I hope that at least one of these methods can help you drink more water! If you have your own methods leave a comment.
Love, Life of Som.